Contrified adj.- the act or process by which someone or something turns country. Why start off a post with a definition? Because I saw it today. A good friend of mine loves all things country. The music, the boots, the dancing, etc. Well today they got "contrified". How you ask? A special shirt (with a V stitch or something), boots, and a big belt buckle. I will leave the "who" up to the readers.
It's FRIDAY and I'm heading down to North Carolina this weekend to visit my relatives. It's always a nice time down there, very relaxing and very conversational. My plans are to RELAX, run 10 miles and watch a basketball game (DCA game is in NC this weekend). Also worth noting the students of VT come back into town this weekend! Which means crazy driving, traffic and the hustle and bustle of Blacksburg starting back up. I actually really like the schedule as I enjoy spending time with the students, but a break and the quiet life every few months is appreciated as well.
The job reviews this week went well, quite well. Thursday's review with the company President was quite humbling, as I heard about how much the appreciate my role in the company and as we looked toward my future. I have a couple different paths I can take: developer or project management. Last year I was still between them, with a couple years of experience. This year I am leaning toward Project Management. I love working with people & personalities and love organizing things and processes, so I'd hope it would be a good fit. I am also a student of leadership and how it is applied to motivate others (and one's self) to higher goals than were thought could be achieved. I need to coach a sport...
Set up my printer last night and one of the ink cartridges it came with was busted. Ink everywhere! Black ink, luckily I salvaged everything (including my carpet!) and the only stains that remained were on my hands. I got the thing fired up (it is much larger than my old printer) and copied some things. They came out well, I was impressed. The next step is to purchase a USB cable for the printer and connect it to my computer to scan and print a few photos. As for the busted ink cartridge, I contacted Staples.com last night and I received an e-mail that they are sending a replacement cartridge at no charge. Nice work with the customer service.
Have a GREAT weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment