Tuesday, May 16

Good News and Bad News


The Good news is that Scott Baker, my friend for too long, err I mean almost 15 years is having a Birthday Today! So

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!
That's right I used the 'Huge' font size just for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bad news is that on Sunday a friend of mine and someone I blogged about just 2 weeks ago died. Her name was Emily Specchio and a few weeks ago we went camping (along with Rob and Brandon). It happened the day after her graduation and although the whole thing brings up feelings of sadness, I can also not help but to smile a little bit inside. Emily was one of those types of people where thoughts about your time with her always made you smile, laugh or just be at ease. From travelingHer care for others was contagious and her spirit of serving others will undoubtedly live on in the lives of those she touched. She will be missed.

"I am extremely aware of how fleeting our youth is so I believe in Carpe Diem." ~Emily S.

**Don''t just say what you want to do, make it happen. Embrace that which defines you.** ~Emily S.

2 comments:

r.m said...

Sorry to hear about your friend - glad she had a positive impact on you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to me!

And I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend. Keep up the prayers, buddy.